Saturday, January 22, 2011

Frozen Bikes and Frozen Burritos!

This is going to be amazing!!!


Just released, in conjunction with the Vail Valley Foundation and Teva, the ultra popular Teva Mountain Games will now be coming to Vail in the winter as well! In 2012, they will host the first Teva Mountain Games Winter edition complete with nordic events, snow biking, ice climbing and more. Better learn to skate ski quick! Check out more here: TEVAMTNGAMES

The Teva Mountain Games has always had a close spot in my heart since I first raced the mountain bike race back in 2007. The games are essentially what brought back my passion for mountain bike racing and where my future goals lie now. I still remember lining up, butterflies rolling in the stomach before the countdown to the start. One minute to the start, we all received a wicked hail storm from the snow Gods reminding us that this is Colorado, and any weather is possible. As we took off, I got dropped immediately from the beginner group. My lungs were burning and I was gasping for air 45 seconds into the race. At that point I realized... it's a whole new ball game out here in Colorado. Add that to being a little hungover from the Teva Mountain Ball the night before and also trying to learn how to use clipless pedals for the first time in a race. We'll just say that Onza Alley destroyed me and it would take 2 years for me to force myself into using clipless pedals again. Luckily, that suffering led to a determination to get better, stronger, and faster rather than pushing me away from cycling.

So I went to the post office today to find a nice little EVOL care package in the mail for me!

If you have not tried an EVOL burrito yet, get out to your local grocer and get some! These things are amazing. Great taste, a huge variety of flavors, and best of all they are all natural. Based out of Boulder, CO (seems like where all the good stuff comes from), this company is moving fast in an upward direction. Starting with just some simple burritos, they are expanding to wraps and bowls as well. Check them out here: All Natural Goodness

No comments:

Post a Comment