Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A New Direction

I'm coming up on a year since I started this blog. A year to immerse myself into the cycling culture, progress as a racer, meet new friends, and above all - find out where this project is headed...

I've come to realize that very few people can truly become engaged in my personal attempts at becoming a pro racer. Friends will read, family will support, but there is a greater good that I can achieve through my thoughts on a web page. While racing will still be a focus on this page, I invite you to join me on promoting my new campaign: The Power of Two Wheels. Through this vision, I intend to promote the positive influence a set of bicycle wheels can have on our community, nation, and the world. Because unlike any other activity in the world, cycling affects our health, provides entertainment, becomes our transportation, and infects our lifestyle. The products we buy, the friends we make, and the directions our life may go all become directly influenced by the path we choose to ride.

I hope that this page will promote awareness that bicycles are here to stay, and will continue to become an ever increasing facet in our daily lives whether you are a cyclist or not. Despite the growing hatred and disrespect towards cyclists from other users of our Earth, to me this only shows that we are doing our job well in making our voices heard. As Frederick Douglass once said; "Without a struggle, there can be no progress".

So please, help me spread the word of our passion. If cycling is not your passion, try it. Get on a bike and enjoy the world. In the end, at minimum you did good for your body, mind, and the Earth.




TMP

No comments:

Post a Comment